Wednesday, November 7, 2018

UPDATE: TIMELINE FROM PHILIPPINES TO US

Hi there! (Whoever is reading this)

This is a long overdue blog update.

I have long been wanting to maintain a blog to keep a record on my progress in....umm progress in life? But I keep on kicking this plan to the curb.  I got too distracted with watching vlogs, anime and Korean shows.😉

Anyhoo, back to the main goal for today.  Here is my timeline in my journey as a medtech =):




April 2012 – Graduated BSMT

Sept 2012 – Passed Board Exam

Oct 2012 – Work @ a private tertiary hospital (Full time MedTech in Microbio)

June 2014 – Work @ a medical school (Part-time Faculty)

Aug 2014 – Passed ASCPi

Sept 2014 – Work @ another medical school (Part-time Clinical Instructor)

Aug 2015 – Passed IELTS

Dec 2015 – Acquired VisaScreen Cert.

Feb 2016 – Passed interview @ US hospital and acquired State License 

March 2016 – Resigned from the hospital and schools that I served

May 2016 – Passed interview @ US embassy

June 2016 -  Hello US of A!


The whole process was actually challenging yet fun.  Whenever there is a thing that I need to accomplish, I always treat it like how I challenge myself when I used to play computer games (I say used to since I now somehow gave up on computer games..ahem).  You know how computer games have quests that needed to be completed before proceeding to the next round?  That was the same thing with me complying with all the requirements just to set foot here in the USA as a Medical Technologist.  I get the same thrill whenever I get one thing accomplished as when I completed a level in a game.  

It took me around 4 years to transition  as a Medical Technologist in the Philippines to a Medical Technologist here in the US.  I think it took me longer compared to most of the Medtech I know that took the same route.  Some were even able to do this in the span of 2 years.

I will post more details on this whole process.  I will try to make this a daily thing.  I think it Is therapeutic for me. =)


PS: I know it may sound cliché but if possible, I really just want to work and stay In the Philippines but the money is here sooooo…..yeah!  I guess that will be a great topic in another blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I hope you can share more of your story:) I am also now thinking of working abroad and I feel like this post could inspire me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hala Salamat for your kind words. I will be happy to share my story so just keep posted=).

      God bless on your plans on working abroad.

      Delete